Food delivery was one of the fastest-growing app verticals of 2020 globally, becoming somewhat of an indispensable tool in consumers’ lives for ordering food in a safe, socially distanced, and convenient way. The drastic change to the way consumers enjoyed restaurant and takeaway food led to a boost in user engagement with food delivery apps. Online food ordering is the process of food delivery or takeout from local restaurants or food cooperatives through a web page or app. Much like ordering consumer goods online, many of these services allow customers to keep accounts with them in order to make frequent ordering convenient. According to different researches, the number of people who favor apps over mobile websites is about 60-85%. Despite the cost to make a food ordering app being higher than to build a website, it’s definitely worth it.
One such popular on-demand food delivering service is Doordash which partners with local restaurants to deliver food to homes and businesses. The service brings many of the conveniences usually found in large chains or popular local eateries, like order tracking and online payments with tipping. Basically, it is a unified web interface that allows you to order an array of menu items from local restaurants. The company can make door-to-door deliveries from most restaurants that offer take-out. After you place an order, a “Dasher” picks it up and delivers it to your door.
Who Are Dashers?
Dashers are the contract workers who deliver for DoorDash. They use their vehicles to make deliveries, much like Uber or Lyft, except for food. You can sign up to be a Dasher on the DoorDash website. They’ll review your application, and if you’re approved, you can start accepting orders via the Dasher app. Also, they are paid by customer tips and DoorDash. Being a Dasher is a decent side gig or part-time job since they can set their schedules and choose which deliveries to accept.
How does Doordash Operate?
Step1. Go to the web browser and navigate to DoorDash. Click on the Sign Up option in the upper-right corner of the screen, or Sign In if you have an account.
Step2. Complete the registration form or connect your Facebook or Google account.
Step3. There are different methods to begin your DoorDash order:
- Enter a specific food, type of food, or restaurant’s name in the search bar in the upper-right corner.
- Select a food category in the top horizontal menu.
- Scroll down and select See All next to a category. A few categories are: Fastest Near You, National Favorites, Celebrate Holiday, Special Offers, and Convenience and Grocery.
- Select a restaurant displayed on the screen.
Step4. After choosing a particular food or restaurant, you’re led to the restaurant’s page which includes its hours of operation, star rating, distance from your address, and delivery time. The restaurant’s menu is broken down into categories with links for easy navigation. The top sections feature the most popular items. Scroll through your restaurant’s menu and choose the items you want to order.
Step5. Some dishes include options to customize your order or add special instructions. Make a selection, choose any add-ons or special requests you’d like, then select Add to Cart.
Step6. After you’ve added everything you want to order, select Checkout in the right panel. Now, Your order summary with a complete breakdown of your items and the subtotal displays. You can schedule the delivery for a specific time or have the food delivered as soon as it’s ready.
Step7. Select Credit/Debit Card or PayPal to enter payment details; you can save the card to your account for later use. If you have a promotion code, select Add Promo Code and enter the code. In the order summary, there’s a space to add a tip for your Dasher. Check that your delivery address is correct, then select Place Order.
Step8. Then, you’ll see a screen with a large map displaying your location and the restaurant’s location, plus the estimated delivery time and a tracker that updates in real-time to show the order’s progress. After your order arrives, the completed order page allows you to review the restaurant and the Dasher who delivered your food. Also, when you’re ready to order again, sign in to your account and start the process over.
Also, read F95ZONE: Best Games To Play At F95 Zone
Users also have the option to sign up for DashPass, which is a subscription service for frequent users. DashPass helps you save money in a few different ways — but with a $10 monthly fee. The service includes benefits like zero delivery fees for orders above $12 (the exact amount may vary, but it’s usually between $10 and $15). Not all restaurants participate in DashPass savings, but it’s quite common, especially for larger chains. Subscribers also get priority customer support and special promotions for local restaurants. Deals can also change over time.
Dashmart- an additional service
DoorDash provides beyond basic food delivery. With DashMart, you can order food ingredients, basic medications, hygiene supplies, and a variety of pet supplies for quick delivery as well. DoorDash has partnered with businesses like Walgreens, 7-Eleven, CVS, Wawa, Pet-Smart, and others to make this available. The key value offering here is the speed of delivery, which is designed to be around 30 minutes, as their food delivery service.
Steps to delete Doordash Account
To delete your Doordash Account, follow these simple steps :
- Open DoorDash on Your Web Browser
- To delete your account on DoorDash, you have to log in to it. On the home screen, click on the “log in” button. Then, fill in the appropriate details to sign in to your DoorDash account.
- Logging into your DoorDash account will take you to a dashboard. The menu button is in the top left corner of the dashboard. Clicking the menu button allows you to access the account settings and management tab.
- After clicking the DoorDash menu, you’ll see options like settings, help, and account. Click the account icon. Clicking the button will take you to a page with all your account information.
- The manage account subcategory on the account information page holds the option to delete your DoorDash account. You also have the chance to secure your account details before deleting your account. You can download your DoorDash Account history, which will include information about your previous transactions. For security, it may be necessary to download your transaction data before deleting your account.
- Click on the delete button, and expect a verification code via phone or email. Type in the verification code and click on the Continue button. Then, click the delete account icon again to confirm the deletion.
DoorDash website or mobile app, you can search for local restaurants, browse the menu freely, and track the order as the driver picks it up and brings it to you. When you order from DoorDash, your food is delivered by a freelance worker who doesn’t belong to any single restaurant. Since restaurants don’t have to hire delivery drivers, DoorDash makes it easier for them to expand their delivery business.