Instagram recently received a new feature for Stories called ‘Add Yours’. However, this is not working properly for everyone. Some Instagram users are reporting that they cannot use the ‘Add Yours’ prompt in their stories.
The social media platform continues to work on story features to make it more interactive and the ‘Add Yours’ sticker is another noteworthy addition. The ‘Add Yours’ sticker allows your followers to add their stories to your story. However, the Add Yours sticker isn’t appearing in the app for several users.
What is ‘Add Yours’ story sticker on Instagram?
Add Yours’ is basically a sticker that the user can add to their Instagram stories to enhance interaction with their followers. Although on Instagram there are other types of elements for stories that serve for the interaction between the user and the account that follows, the new sticker ‘Add Yours’ seeks to be a more attractive format.
When you create an Instagram story and try to add a sticker, you will see a new ‘Add Yours’ option in the sticker gallery. This new sticker lets your followers add their stories to your original one. The idea behind the sticker is to create a chain of stories on top of your Instagram story.
The feature is quite useful for those building a personal brand and even the influencers to engage the audience in Instagram stories. To be honest, it’s a fun way to create a chain of stories with your friends and followers. For instance, you can create a story about your favorite book and your followers can use the ‘Add Yours’ sticker to add their favorite ones to your story. Similarly, you’d also want to add yours to someone’s story.
Also, read How To React To Messages On Instagram?
Why Don’t I Have The Add Yours Sticker On Instagram?
- Because it hasn’t been launched in your country yet, you don’t have the Add Yours sticker on Instagram.
- Indonesia, Japan, and Singapore were the first countries to introduce the sticker.
- Only the Add Yours sticker is available to users from other countries.
- Some users, however, have reported being unable to engage with it.
- When they tap the sticker, the tale is skipped instead.
- It is known that the Add Yours sticker does not work in some accounts.
- To put it another way, not every account gets the sticker because it hasn’t been issued to everyone yet.
- Using a different account as a workaround is an option.
- You must establish a new account and switch to it if you do not already have one.
- You might try switching to a personal account if your account is a business account.
- Otherwise, you’ll have to wait till the sticker is made available to you.
How To Fix Add Your Sticker Not Working On Instagram?
What if ‘Add Yours’ sticker doesn’t show up or doesn’t work as expected? Here are some tricks to fix that problem.
- Switch from professional to personal account: ‘Add Yours’ sticker might not have gone live for Instagram professional accounts. You need to switch from your business account to the personal one and try again. Here are some steps to follow :
Step 1- Open the Instagram app and go to the Accounts tab.
Step 2- Select the hamburger menu at the top and open Settings.
Step 3- Tap on Account.
Step 4- Scroll down and tap on the switch to a personal account.
2. Use a VPN temporarily: Whenever a new feature drops on Instagram, the company keeps it limited to a few regions only. Instagram takes feedback from the early users and only then the company releases the update worldwide. The ‘Add Yours’ sticker might not be available in your region.
Using a VPN service momentarily, you can change your IP location and connect to another country’s server. Tryh connecting to one of the US servers to check if ‘Add Yours’ sticker becomes visible in the Instagram app. If not, then you’re out of luck and should check the next method.
3. Reinstall Instagram: If the Instagram Add Yours sticker isn’t working after updating the app, you need to reinstall the app on your phone.
for iPhone users-
Step 1- Long-press on the Instagram app icon and select Remove App.
Step 2- Select Delete App from the following pop-up menu.
Step 3- Open the App Store and download the Instagram app.
Step 4- Sign in with your remembered account details, and start making stories.
for Android users-
Step 1- Long-tap on the app icon and open the App info menu.
Step 2- Select Uninstall and confirm your decision.
Step 3- Head to the Google Play Store and download the Instagram app again.
4. Join Instagram Beta: Joining the Instagram beta program allows you to test out the ‘Add Yours’ sticker and allows you to peek at all the upcoming new functions to the platform. On Android, you can go to the Instagram page in the Google Play Store and tap on the Join button under the ‘Join the beta’ banner.
5. Update the INSTAGRAM app: Instagram regularly releases new updates to add new features and fix bugs. So the first thing you should do is check the Google Play Store or Apple App Store to download and install any app updates for Instagram. Once you update the app, open Instagram and create a story. Tap on a sticker at the top and see if ‘Add Yours’ appears.
Also, read Can You Screenshot On Onlyfans?
How To Use The Add Yours Story Feature On Instagram?
Simply click the “Add Yours” button on the sticker if you’ve seen the “Add Yours” sticker on someone else’s story and want to join in on the fun. If you’re feeling brave and want to start your own sticker, prepare a photo or video and submit it to your Story as usual. Then, at the top of your screen, select IG Story stickers and hit the “Add Yours” icon. By touching the dice at the bottom of your screen, just above the keyboard, you may opt to make your own prompt or have Instagram create one for you. It’s truly that simple.
How To See Add Yours Instagram Stories From Other Users?
You may explore other IG Stories from public Instagram accounts that participated in that specific prompt by clicking on an existing “Add Yours” sticker. If you want to see who responded to your “Add Yours” prompt, go back to your Instagram store and click your sticker to discover who took part.
Instagram rolled out the new “Add Yours” sticker to all global users on Nov. 1 — and it’s another interactive way to upgrade your Stories. You may have already seen the “Add Yours” sticker when scrolling through your Stories, but it can be a little tricky to get it to work at first.
To create your own “Add Yours” story sticker, you’ll want to take a photo or video as usual in the Instagram app, and then tap the sticker button (the square smiley face icon) in the editing mode to get the “Add Yours” sticker to pop up near the top of the page. When you get your “Add Yours” sticker working, you can finally catch up on all the photo fun with your BFFs.